Jurien Bay Time Campaign
Social Media, PR, Content Marketing
Client: Ardross Group of Companies
Creative: Bear in Black
Photography: To come
We were approached by Ardross, one of Western Australia’s oldest privately-owned land development companies, to run a campaign to address declining demand for land in Jurien Bay, a small beachside town about two-hours drive from Perth’s northern suburbs.
The client had recognised that before it could see an increase in demand for its land, it needed to do something to lift awareness of Jurien Bay, and its desirability as a lifestyle destination for people wanting to resettle in a coastal location or build a holiday home.
- Our strategic approach was built upon capitalising on Jurien Bay’s natural strengths up against other tourist locations like Margaret River, Mandurah and Broome.
- The key tactical approach centred on the notion of Jurien Bay time being representative of a lack of intense activity consistent with the holiday memories of the 55+ demographic we were targeting.
The initial launch featured a bunch of fun images that encapsulated our cheeky go at the modern day. Thus, the heading “online” was accompanied by an image of a father and son fishing off the Jurien Bay jetty. The heading “Facebook” was featured alongside an image of a woman lying on a beach with a book covering her face.
We used storytelling, especially via sharable channels to highlight Jurien Bay as presenting a genuine alternative for people seeking to realise their dream of affordable seaside living.
Press and online
- The West: https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/jurien-bay-stuck-in-time-and-loving-it-ng-ya-113140
- An Alston cartoon parody in The West
- Business News: https://www.businessnews.com.au/article/Developer-campaigns-to-sell-Jurien-Bay
- The West: https://thewest.com.au/business/construction/jurien-bay-wants-to-become-was-fitness-tourism-capital-ng-ya-117895
- Midwest Time: https://www.pressreader.com/australia/midwest-times/20170426
- 6PR Interview: Clinton Strugnell, Chairman of Jurien Bay Village
- Page like: 5,093
- Page reach: 22,484 people (organic)
- Top 5 posts reach:
- Likes: 536
Jurien Bay Time won three State Awards in the Public Relations Institute of Australia 2017 Golden Target Awards!
WINNER: Digital & Social Campaign – Jurien Bay Time
WINNER: Content Marketing Campaign – Jurien Bay Time
HIGHLY COMMENDED: Major Campaign – Jurien Bay Time